This blog post is inspired by a good friend of mine, Chelle. You know who you are.
I believe we can take lessons from just about anything. My friend realized some powerful lessons while washing her hair. I decided to draw some lessons from Facebook. I’ve been an active member of the Facebook community for about eight years now. Even back then, I felt I was late to the party. I’ve watched it grow and change and evolve. Many new timelines. Some we love, some we hated. Groups were added. Farmville died. However; some very special relationships I have today are a result of Facebook; and for that I am eternally appreciative.
So without further adieu, here are lessons you can take from Facebook:
- Just because someone pokes you, doesn’t mean you have to poke them back.
- You do not have to attend everything you are invited to; including arguments.
- Apparently chain letters are still a thing, much to my dismay.
- Not all of your friends are actually friends.
- Stalkers are real, be careful.
- Nothing is private in social media.
- Everybody knows how to screen shot, don’t forget that.
- There is always a reason to celebrate something.
- It is okay to un-follow negativity.
- You can pray for people you’ve never met in person.
- You can truly love people you’ve never met in person.
- You can get a job because of someone you’ve never met in person.
- You can learn a lot about someone during elections.
- Everybody has an opinion and some are not afraid to use it.
- Yes, it is possible to OVER share.
- Not everything, is as it seems.
- Not every news story is news, or accurate.
- There is always more to the story.
- It’s okay to log off and take a break.
- There’s always that someone who is paying attention, even when you are sure that they are not.
So there ya have it, my musings on Facebook. What would you add to the list ? I’d love to hear such. Now, be a dear, and share this to Facebook, won’t ya ? 😉
As always, make champion choices,
The Healthy Habit Lady