What do you think of this?
Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Hate less, love more …
and all good things are yours.
And with that in mind …
***By Changing Your Thinking***
By Changing Your Thinking,
You change your beliefs;
When you change your beliefs,
You change your expectations;
When you change your expectations,
You change your attitude;
When you change your attitude,
You change your behavior;
When you change your behavior,
You change your performance;
When you change your performance;
You Change Your Life!
And like I always tell my children …
Whether you think you CAN or think you CAN’T …
you are probably right.
As Always, Make Champion Choices,
The Healthy Habit Lady
Back in 2013, I posted a meme on my ‘fan’ page back about an old farmer and his advice. Much to my surprise it has been shared over 32,000 times and has nearly 1,000 comments, and it still gets traction, present day, in 2017. This blows my mind. You never know what will go viral and what people will appreciate. This leads me to the conclusion that I must put this wise and sage advice into a blog post. So here we go.
Old Farmer’s Advice:
- Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
- Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
- A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
- Words that soak into your ears are whispered… not yelled.
- Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.
- Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.
- Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
- It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
- You cannot unsay a cruel word.
- Every path has a few puddles.
- When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
- The best sermons are lived, not preached.
- Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
- Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life… Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
- Don’t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t bothering you none.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.
- If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
- Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
- The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
- Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
- If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
- Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
- Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
Which one is your favorite? What would you add? Now my biggest question is which tractor picture is better, the old man or me? Can I get so lucky as to have this blog post go viral like that meme did? At any rate; you can take the girl out of the country but you can’t take the country out of the girl. Yes, people, I was raised in a hay field (for the most part).
As always, make champion choices,
The Healthy Habit Lady